Thursday, December 27, 2012

Are you a Supermom?

I am a self-proclaimed "Messy Marvin" and procrastinator.  I work the very best under pressure...at least that what I tell myself!  It's getting to be that time of year when folks start thinking about Resolutions...losing weight, getting organized, spending more time with the kids.   In this Pinterest/Facebook-era, many women find themselves struggling to be a Super Mom.  Expectations are high.  Gotta post that perfect Christmas photo with the kids smiling at the camera under the Christmas Tree in their new Christmas Jammies.  Those adorable Valentine's Day printables are just waiting to be added to the bags full of candy to take to preschool for all your 4 year old's friends and teachers.  Seriously????  I'm just happy when the kids get a bath and get to preschool on time!!  Getting myself a shower...well, that's a story for another post!

It's really not that bad...but sometimes I do feel pressured to be the perfect mom while running my business from my home.  I find the line between work and home is seriously blurred.

So this year, I have a few GOALS of my own.  We don't make resolutions in our family...we decided a long time ago that we are more inclined to keep our "resolutions" if we make them goals!  I also think it's important to start small, don't tackle all of your goals in one day, or even one week.



Today, I'll share one of my goals with you.

ORGANIZATION



I found this awesome set from Erin over at Happy Organized Life.  It's the Supermom Family Organizer Set and it's available for Instant Download (did I mention that I'm impatient?)  It has 30 sheets that you can print out and use individually or in a binder.  I decided to use the binder method since I tend to be messy...I can imagine those pages scattered all over the house!   So far, my favorite page is THE 30 MINUTE CLEAN ROUTINE.  If cleaning house can be done in 30 minutes, I'm all for it!  I love that you don't have to start with a perfectly clean house to use this routine...if you give yourself a week, then your house should be relatively clean and then you can start on larger organizing projects, like the garage...or the sewing room (GASP!)

I won't go into detail about this organizer set...go check it out for yourself.  Make sure you "like"  Erin's Facebook page for a 20% off coupon! 

I would love to hear some of your organizing tips!  Share them here or on Christine & Company's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment